BEER AND BUBS
Birth education for men at the pub
Beer and Bubs is a one–night session at the pub where expectant dads learn how to support their partner through the birth of their baby. Childbirth is daunting for men too and this session prepares fathers for an active, caring role.
Online during Covid restrictions. Usually held at:
The Terminus hotel on the 4th Monday of every month from 7 – 9.45pm
Talk to you mates and come along to a session. Pick up new tips, share a meal, hear a new dad share his birth story and learn how to help your partner in labour.
Recommended by childbirth educators, midwives and obstetricians all over Australia, here’s some of what we cover:
- What should you never say to a woman in labour?
- How can you actively help with pain relief in childbirth?
- How do you go in to bat for your partner if things get ugly with your caregivers?
- What can you do to make childbirth faster and easier for your woman?
- What should you be doing during each stage of labour and birth?
- Why are the first hours after the birth so important to your baby’s health and ability to bond in the future?
All this and much more is covered in this fast-paced session where the atmosphere is informal and conversational.
1. Fathers provide emotional, psychological and practical help during labour which promotes a more positive childbirth experience for both parents. (Fatherhood Institute, 2014 (Eggermont etal, 2016)
2. “The active engagement of fathers in maternity care is associated with long-term benefits for the father, their partner, and the child.” H.Rominov, et al 2016.
3. Fathers who care actively for babies and who are close to pregnant women experience changes in hormones linked to trust, sensitivity and love (oxytocin, cortisol, prolactin) (Fatherhood Institute, 2014; Atzil et al., 2012).
Hi Erika & Steven, Thank you for the session last night. It was the kick starter I needed to get more involved in the pregnancy journey and my wife is so appreciative!! Sam
Thanks guys. I feel more confident to know how to suport my partner and myself as we plan to meet our baby. Now i’m actually getting excited. Tom!
The Birthready Mailing List
Sign up and receive Birthready services and fees, event info, latest news, updates and more.
Sharing birth and life stories of parenthood
Birthready helps facitliate an evening of open discussion and peer sharing and learning for expectant and new parents, (women and men). In a friendly environment we support each other to share our birth and life stories, questions, ideas, wisdom and resources. We troubleshoot our challenges by hearing each others perspecives and explore ways to manage our challenges. This is a facilitated process that uses group discussion, movies, handouts, hands on practices and what ever comes up in the group to explore how we can be happier, healthier human beings during the pregnancy to early parenting time.
Time: 7 - 8.30 pm First Thursday of each month
Place: Birthready Ringwood
Bring: A plate of supper to share (Optional)
RSVP: Please book your place to confirm (I may need to reschedule if called to a birth)
Please invite others that may be interested
Cost: $20 per person