Below you’ll find a short list of highly recommended reading and viewing materials to assist you in education, viewpoints and everything related to birth and the birthing experience.
This is by no means a comprehensive list, though it is a great place to start.
Take the time to watch these movies and talk about it with your birth team:
- Birthing from within – Pam England
- Birth with confidence (Savvy choices for normal birth) – Rhea Dempsey
- Gentle birth gentle mothering – Sarah Buckley
- A guide to childbirth – Ina May Gaskin
- The down to earth birth book – Jenny Blyth
- The thinking woman’s guide to a better birth – Henci Goer
- Pregnancy and birth – Michel Odent
- Water Labour Water Birth – by Annie Sprague
- Breech birth woman wise – Maggie Banks
- Parenting by heart – Pinky McKay
- 101 Ways to calm the crying – Pinky McKay
- Sleeping like a baby – Pinky McKay
- Raising the best possible child – Jo Jackson King
- The Wonder Weeks – Hetty Van de Rijt, Frans Plooi
- The science of parenting – Margot Sunderland
- Breastfeeding naturally – The Australian breastfeeding association
- Cheers to Childbirth – the must-have handbook for expectant fathers
The big stretch – An insight into the amazing journey each woman takes in becoming a mother
Orgasmic birth – The beauty and natural nature of birth
The face of birth – A recent Australian film about when the personal gets political.
The business of being born – (u-tube video) – A USA based documentary on the birth business and its impact on women and our culture.
Birth as we know it and Giving Birth by Suzanne Arms
Microbirth – A new 60 minute documentary investigating the latest scientific research about the microscopic events happening during childbirth.
The Birthready Mailing List
Sign up and receive Birthready services and fees, event info, latest news, updates and more.