Welcome. I am excited you are here. I care about your personal and profession growth, fulfilment and success in your pregnancy, birth and parenting journey. Here you will find opportunities to learn, practice, process and integrate birth and life skills for even more conscious, aware, healthy and empowered living across this big time of change.
Together we walk through the choices, challenges and celebrations you may be experiencing. People swing with emotions from ecstacy to anxiety, have their health and wellbeing to manage, ‘to do” lists to prioritise, decisions about work and leave to be sorted, family and cultural expectations to deal with and dreams to make come true and more! There is a lot going on. By integrating life coaching, counselling, education, mind/body practices and practical support, a trusting, helpful and caring partnership can grow between us.
The rewards are worth your effort. People find they relate more meaningfully with others, are more curious about what is possible, know how to ask for what they want, feel more confident and in control, secure and able in life.
I aim to:
- Give continuity of care to expectant and new parents through preconception, pregnancy, birth and into the early parenting.
- Promote informed and empowered decision making in health and wellbeing for individuals, expectant parents and health professionals.
- Optimising the natural birth process and reduce the need for interventions through education, coaching and support.
- Promote a healthy work/home life with balance
- Nurture, strengthen and enable a healthy partner relationship
- Work to create an equitable pregnancy, parental leave and return to work process for expectant parents and their employers
- Facilitate and educate related professional development programs with community organisations, companies, and allied health professionals.
With personal and professional support, guidance and education, women and men can grow in self confidence, build life skills, take responsibility, communicate well, develop meaningful relationships and stay healthy and well during the pregnancy to parenting continuum.
Erika Munton has been a birth worker and coach for 20 years, supporting, guiding and educating expectant parents across the pregnancy to parenting continuum.
“Expectant parents are often challenged in their efforts to balance the daily demands of their personal and professional life whilst trying to make an informed choice and be confident about normal physiological birth. There is still limited personalised support, unbiased information and evidence based care specific to the perinatal period in our culture. Working together at home, in the community and in the workplace, my team help meet the personal and professional needs of individuals, couples, employers and employees for a positive, health and satisfying transition into life as a parent”.
Training (Click to Open / Close)
- Motherhood – giving birth and raising my 2 sons
- Birth Attendant/Doula training at Santa Rosa Womens Health and Birth Centre California 1999
- Rhea Dempsey’s Birthing Wisdom’s Birth Attendants Course 2001
- Basic Childbirth Education Training Course for Health Professionals 2003 (National Association of Childbirth Educators)
- Hypnobirthing workshop – 3 days with Denise Love Nov 2004
- Qualified Life Coach – Cert IV 2006 at Life Coach Institute Australia
- National coordinator and group facilitator of BaBs – Birthing and Babies Suppot groups 2006, 2007, 2008
- Accredited N.A.C.E Childbirth Educator 2008
- Qualified N.L.P practitioner – With James Tsakalos 2009
- Birthwork Part 1 – Creative ways of making space for the baby – 3 day workshop Nov 2009
- NLP Master practitioner training with James Tsakalos 2012
- Birthing with Hypnosis training for doulas – Open to Life (Anna Urbanski) May 2011
- ‘What about Dads’ NACE workshop June 2011
- Birthwork Part 2 – Creative ways of making space for the baby – Jenny Blyth and Fiona Hallinan – Nov 2011
- PANDA Professional development program – Parenthood as a grief and loss experience July 2013
- VBAC and Breech births with Maggie Banks 2013
- OP (occiput posterior) and BAC (Birth after caesarean) study day with Lynne Staff 2014
- Teaching at The academy of hypnotic science (Diploma of Hypnotherapy to aid pregnancy and childbirth)
- Advanced diploma of group facilitation 2015
- Cert 4 in hypnotherapy 2015
- Lamaze certified Childbirth educator 2017
- Tantra is love – Sexuality 3 day workshop 2018
- FIPN – Father inclusive practice network (3 monthly professional development training) 2018 – currently
- Curiouscreatures.biz workshops for personal development / sexuality / communication and consent skills
- Gender equity in the workplace training 2018 – Womens Health Vic
- Baby makes 3 facilitator training 2018
- Orgasmic Birth 1 day workshop – Debra Pascali Bonaro
- Australian Fatherhood Symposium 2019
- Newborn Behavioural Observation Training – The Women’s Hospital 2019
- (Ongoing regular attendance at professional development conferences and workshops)
- Family Foundations training 2019
- The Consent Lab facilitator training Nov 2019
To find out more information, contact us.
The Birthready Mailing List
Sign up and receive Birthready services and fees, event info, latest news, updates and more.