Are you Birthready?
Discover a wide range of learning tools and practices to prepare for a safer and more satisfying birth and parenting experience. These classes helps make permanent skills for birth and life as parents and partners.
It’s exciting to see how much people change from fear to courage, stress to calm and doubt to confidence. Classes are interactive, integrative and relatable to your personal journey into parenthood.
Session 1 Birth: We explore natures design for birth and how to work with it, understand birth interventions, learn how to make an informed choice and practice active birth techniques such as relaxation, mindfulness, hypnosis, body awareness.
Session 2 Parenting: Start confidently as a parent with fundamental tools to help you understand and care for your baby’s needs. Learn how babys communicate. Prepare for the life changes to come and how you may nurture a healthy relationship with your partner/supports.
These classes offer an independent point of view, evidence based information and personal stories.
Held privately and are tailored to meet your unique needs
INVESTMENT – $490 for 2 x 3hrs sessions or $245 for 1. Inc all essential resources and a follow up call
LOCATION – Birthready Ringwood | in your home
After a very long labour I ended up having a uncomplicated natural birth with minimal tearing. the skills we learned at the workshop most definitely assisted with this. While at times I doubted myself and found myself overwhelmed with the pain we managed to use some of the techniques we learned, and more importantly I was able to trust my body and its ability to birth my baby.
Darren was also an amazing support throughout the whole process. He had gained invaluable skills from the workshop to support me in the best possible way. We were left with a sense of accomplishment and pride and joy.
I just wanted to thank you for passing on your knowledge, wisdom and encouragement with great warmth and enthusiasm during those two days – invaluable and I am so grateful we signed up.
What you will learn:-
Session 1 Birth:
- A deep understanding of your body’s design for natural labour and birth.
- Awareness of your maternity care options, including models of care, places of birth and how they may influence the birth process.
- Tools to calm and relax your mind and body to help your labour progress normally using more of your senses; movement, breath, active birth positions, sounds, smells, hypnosis, intuition, massage, touch, presence!
- Helpful skills to enhance your partners ability to trust their own intuition and provide comforting, pain relief techniques
- Understanding how to navigate the medical model of care and communicate effectively with your birthing team.
- Understand how to manage a change of birth plan and the emotions that may arise from this.
Session 2 Parenting:
- Understand what happens immediately after birth for the mother and the baby. Ie delivering the placenta, family bonding and attachment, delayed chord clamping, newborn instincts.
- Education and tools to care for your baby: breastfeeding, settling and sleep.
- Getting to know your baby’s efforts to communicates and adapt to life and how to help meet their needs.
- Understand the mother, baby and partners needs in the first weeks of life – physical, emotional and practical.
- Strengthen your partner relationship as you explore how to support each other, manage stress, conflict, lifestyle changes, workload and responsibilities as you transition into life as parent.
- Explore ways to communicate, connect and deepen intimacy with your partner in your new role as parents.
Just wanted to let you know that I birthed my baby boy on Tuesday morning – drug free and found the hips squeezing exercise absolutely amazing during labour. Thanks for showing it to us in class.
The Birthready Mailing List
Sign up and receive the latest news and updates from Birthready, delivered right to your inbox!