Love, sex and communication with your partner
Purposeful relating – Getting the love you want.
Deepening your connection, communication and intimacy with your partner.
It is so important to actively connect to and build strong foundations of support, love, health, pleasure and joyfulness in your growing family life!
Together we explore how to:
• Increase your self awareness, self care and self love
• Improve your communication skills for respectful relating and honest sharing
• Express your needs, desires and limits consensually
• Understand each other’s love languages and how to give and receive that love
• Learn easy, practical and fun ways to boost loving sexy connection and intimacy
• Improve health and wellness in both body and your mind for pleasure, joy and peace
• Work through conflict and stuckness you may have in relationships
• Create safety, security and ongoing support in relationship
Some couples can feel as if the time and energy they once had for each other is strained when transitioning into life as parents. Connection, communication, sexuality and intimacy can feel different. Unfortunately our general culture doesn’t help much. Not much is talked about positively and people often feel uncomfortable to share what they are really feeling and experiencing.
There can be feelings of loss and challenge with your new responsibilities, new lifestyle, new workload and a new identity. It can change how you feel within yourself and can strain a relationship. You are after all learning how to merge your 2 family of origin dynamics into the one you want to create. Now you have a new love connection (your baby) and a different perspective on what is important. Some of your priorities have changed and your ability to manage conflict and problem solve can be harder when you are tired, have less time and are processing so much change. Sometimes it just feels like creativity has gone out the window.
This is all normal. Everyone feels the good and the tough times with being parents and it is an incredible opportunity for personal growth. Your attention to work on strengthening the foundations of your family life is an empowering experience and one that couples do not regret investing in.
This is a journey, and every couple will be creating a different ‘relationship landscape’. As individuals and as a couple you will have some idea of the path you wish to pave. There will be time to define what that path looks like, where it’s going to, how to stay on track and overcome obstacles along the way. It’s one step at a time and you already have skills that have worked before. You have the incredible opportunity for personal growth and creating the changes you want.
Other reasons why this is a good idea to work on now:
- • It develops better birthing and parenting skills
- • The love and support your partner is able to offer in labour is enhanced
- • A strong partner connection can create a strong foundation for loving family life.
- • Self awareness and self observation means you can be in control of making personal changes in other challenges.
- • Learn techniques to enhance pleasurable sensations for you and your partner and feel renewed in your relationship.
- • It develops skills that help you relate to other people meaningfully.
The Birthready Mailing List
Sign up and receive Birthready services and fees, event info, latest news, updates and more.
Ready to start or have questions?
Call Erika today on 0407 685 933