DOULA / LABOUR SUPPORT PACKAGES
Labour support packages
Our time together will enable a trusting partnership to develop, so you will have the support to navigate your birthing journey more confidently. Alongside the doula role you can have your own personal childbirth educator, life coach or other complementary skills from your doula. After an initial discussion over the phone, via skype or as a free meet n greet, we can tailor a package to meet your needs.
All packages will include:
• 24/7 phone support during pregnancy and first 6 weeks post natal
• Being ‘on call’ from 2 weeks before you due date until birth
• Attendance at your birth (home, Hospital or other location)
• A professional back up doula service
• Birthready guided meditations by Erika Munton
• Access to a resource library of books and DVD’s, birthing chair, physio ball and more
Explore Birthready Labour Support Packages
Package 3 – Whole Health
• 5 prenatal visits, birth attendance and 3 postnatal visits
• This is a comprehensive transition into parenthood program, building on from the other packages.
• 3 prenatal sessions include: Know your options and make a plan. Mindful birthing program. Active birth preparation. Parenting preparation and Healthy relationships (love, sex and intimacy).
• Receive the Birthready workbook and Mindful birthing resource folder, 5 guided meditations, scripts, partner exercises, and other resources.
• Postnatally your visits include a birth debrief and newborn family care, parenting support and education, healthy relationship (love, sex and intimacy) and life coaching.
Package 2 – Extra Care
• 3 prenatal visits, birth attendance and 1 postnatal visit.
• Adding on from the basic package, this gives you more consistent support over time.
• 3 prenatal sessions include: Working through my birth preparation check list essentials and develop helpful life and birth skills. Practice birth skills in mindfulness and embodiment, communicaiton, relaxation and breathing techniques for easier birthing. Prepare your birth plan and team. Processs fears and concerns that arise along the way. See outline of visits below.
• Postnatally your visit includes a birth debrief and newborn family care
Package 1 – Basic Care
- • 1x 2hr prenatal visit (or 2 x 1hr visits) and birth attendance.
- • Get to know your birth support team and develop your birth plan.
During Covid-19 restrictions – Doula package for labour at home only
Download my full services and fees information
Keen to chat and explore further options?
Call Erika today on 0407 685 933
Hear Erika share her wisdom on mindful birthing.
Sexylove Project Podcast with Caitlyn Cook
Outline of Visits
These are flexible in the content covered and are always adjusted to meet your needs. We aim to cover:
1st visit: Preparing for birth in every day life
• Discuss your goals and where you are now
• Explore your options and the next steps you may take
• Debriefing prior birth experience/s
• Going through a labour and birth preparation check list – covering:
• Making an informed decision
• Learning about the different models of care
• Preparing your mind, body and intimate relationships.
• Creating the best birth environment possible
2nd visit: Know your options and make a plan
• Developing and defining your emotional, physcial and practical birth plan / intentions.
• Exploring further your understanding of possible medical interventions you may face and how to communicate about them.
• Understanding everyone’s roles and responsibilities within the birth team.
• Processing fears or concerns.
3rd visit: Birth skills and review
• Learning/reviewing relaxation, pain relief and active birth techniques and optimal foetal positioning
• Final check in with partner about their support in labour.
• Reviewing stages of labour and birth and when to call your doula.
• Have a final check in of your preparation and birth plan.
Extra areas of birth preparation we can include are:
• Learn mindfulness with calm birth / hypnosis techniques – Guided meditation and workbook included – to help release fears and tension, increase calm and focus, to solve problems challenges and envision your best birthing experience.
• Sex, love and intimacy – for a healthy partner relationship. Check in and tune up your relatinship to be birth and baby ready.
• Birth skills – Active hands on bodywork to learn how to making space in your pelvis for your baby during pregnancy and in labour. One on one with Erika to learn techniques for you (and your partner) to practice together.
• BAC (Birthing After a Caesarean) information, education and support.
• Parenting preparation – Learn how to care for your baby and prepare for life as a parent.
• One on one life coaching sessions to help create positive change where you most want it.
• Debrief your birth experience. Celebrate your acheivement. Feel emotionally nurtured and supported. Get your immediate needs met.
• Post natal doula support – home help with your newborn baby and newborn mother/father care.
• Discussing and problem solving challenges with your baby about feeding, settling, sleeping and crying.
• Healthy partner relationship – Check in / tune up to strengthen the bonds of love, intimacy, communication, care and practical support
• Getting support to adapt to a new lifestyle and personal identity
• Returning to work and exploring your career options.
• Planning for another baby.
Back up Doulas:
You can be reassured that you will have a skilled and supportive Birthready back up doula be a part of your birth support team. I am a part of the Melbourne Doula Collective – 4 doulas who have worked together for several years. You may choose who this is, or I can recommend someone, or you can arrange this for yourself.
The Birthready Mailing List
Sign up and receive Birthready services and fees, event info, latest news, updates and more.
Sharing birth and life stories of parenthood
Birthready helps facitliate an evening of open discussion and peer sharing and learning for expectant and new parents, (women and men). In a friendly environment we support each other to share our birth and life stories, questions, ideas, wisdom and resources. We troubleshoot our challenges by hearing each others perspecives and explore ways to manage our challenges. This is a facilitated process that uses group discussion, movies, handouts, hands on practices and what ever comes up in the group to explore how we can be happier, healthier human beings during the pregnancy to early parenting time.
Time: 7 - 8.30 pm First Thursday of each month
Place: Birthready Ringwood
Bring: A plate of supper to share (Optional)
RSVP: Please book your place to confirm (I may need to reschedule if called to a birth)
Please invite others that may be interested
Cost: $20 per person