Home help with your newborn
Receive nurture and care at post natal visits in your home during the crucial first 3 months with your baby.
After giving birth reality with your newborn starts to settle in pretty quickly. You are recovering from labour and birth. You are working out how to feed, comfort and care for your baby’s needs, as well as your own! You are processing the birth experience. Emotions and energy in the household can fluctuate easily from one extreme to the other. Everyone is usually feeling more tired. The need to integrate new roles, skills and responsibilities to your daily routine usually mean there is a lot of communication, integration and understanding going on between family members and the baby.
This is a time where loving nurture and attention, a listening ear, practical help and guidance can be so valuable for everyone involved. You dont feel so alone and vulnerable when you know that you have someone to call, talk to and work things out with.
With the several hats I wear in the support I offer, this becomes a very special time of gentle encouragement, boosting your confidence & ability to care for yourself & your baby.
Some ways I can be helpful during this early parenting time:
- Time together to share how you are feeling and getting through your day
- Be a pair of helping hands around the house – tidying, cooking, cleaning, etc
- Helping with the baby so you can care for yourself – eg have a shower!
- Helping with your recovery and healing process by nurturing massages and bodywork
- Closing ceremony to bring your body’s attention back into itself
- Discussing your baby’s feeding, sleeping, crying and settling issues
- Gently being proactive about the direction you want family life to take
- Helping you process changes with your partner and enhance connection, intimacy and communication.
Thanks again Erika for being so fantastic! You made a real difference for Amanda and me. The meals you cooked were delicions. Your help around the house was so good. And I loved that I got in a nap too. Your companionship and coversation eased our nerves and helped us to trust ourselves. Thank you.
The Birthready Mailing List
Sign up and receive Birthready services and fees, event info, latest news, updates and more.
The Birthready Blog
Ready to start or have questions?
Call Erika today on 0407 685 933