Active birth and parenting classes
Are you Birthready? – Be inspired, empowered and educated to create your best possible birth and beyond!
Join us in an interactive, inspiring and educational experience. Discover a wide range of tools to support your goals for birth and life as a parent.
Day 1:We explore natures design for birth and how to work with it, understand birth interventions, learn how to make an informed choice and practice active birth techniques such as relaxation, mindfulness, hypnosis, body awareness.
Day 2: Start confidently as a parent with fundamental tools to help you understand and care for your baby. Grow more conscious of the relationship wellness you wish to cultivate during this big time of change, challenge and celebration.
THESE CLASSES ARE HELD PRIVATELY AND ARE TAILORED TO MEET YOUR UNIQUE NEEDS – 3 HRS / DAY
These classes offer an independent point of view, evidence based information and personal stories. They enable you to significantly increase your chance for a normal/natural birth and to navigate your birth options. Take home a folder of information from the class and your personal guide to hypnosis booklet with meditation tracks
Just wanted to let you know that I birthed my baby boy on Tuesday morning – drug free and found the hips squeezing exercise absolutely amazing during labour. Thanks for showing it to us in class.
We will provide you with:-
- A deep understanding of your body’s design for natural labour and birth.
- Awareness of your maternity care options, including models of care, places of birth and how they may influence the birth process.
- Tools to calm and relax your mind and body to help your labour progress normally using more of your senses; movement, breath, active birth positions, sounds, smells, hypnosis, intuition, massage, touch, presence!
- Helpful skills to enhance your partners ability to trust their own intuition and provide comforting, pain relief techniques
- Understanding how to navigate the medical model of care and communicate effectively with your birthing team.
- A safe place to deepen connection with your partner as you prepare to shift into the new relationship dynamic of parenting.
- Tips and tools to help you care for your baby and transition smoothly into life as a parent.
Dissolve your fear and leave on an empowered and excited high!
Dear Erika, On the 18th of April Darren and I welcomed our beautiful healthy baby boy into the world. Labour was very long but I ended up having a uncomplicated natural birth with minimal tearing and I believe that the skills we learned at the workshop most definitely assisted with this. While at times I doubted myself and found myself overwhelmed with the pain we managed to use some of the techniques we learned, and more importantly I was able to trust my body and its ability to birth my baby. Darren was also an amazing support throughout the whole process. He had gained invaluable skills from the workshop to support me in the best possible way. We were left with a sense of accomplishment and pride and joy. I just wanted to thank you for passing on your knowledge, wisdom and encouragement with great warmth and enthusiasm during those two days – invaluable and I am so grateful we signed up.
To find out more please Contact us
Confident and informed birthing and beyond.
- understand and have confidence in your body’s birthing process;
- are able to communicate effectively with your care provider and make informed choices about your care;
- can use a range of strategies to work with your birthing body for an easier and efficient labour;
- have skills and supports available to you to meet the challenges of parenting a newborn baby…
…you are Birthready.
Our main services are:
- Active birthing workshops
- Birth after caesarean (BAC) workshops
- Private birth preparation sessions
- Doula/labour support