Doula support for confident and informed birthing and beyond
Erika helps bridge the gap between the natural birth process, todays model of care and what you want. I provide support, guidance, education and advocacy for you and your birth team. I am by your side through labour and birth, mindfully offering hands on support with wisdom, skill and respect.
Choosing your own doula helps you plan, prepare and experience this time of your life in a joyful and empowering way.
Together we work to:
- Build trust, confidence and skills in your natural birthing and parenting abilities.
- Know your heath care options, their influences and how to make informed choices
- Prepare you and your partner for an empowering birth experience
- Nurture a healthy partner relationship for life as parents.
- Feel resourced and ready to care for your baby
I support your right to make informed choices regarding where, how and with whom you give birth. My desire is to see you and your family confident in yourselves, to grow in life skills and to experience, not only the birth, but the day-to-day life as a parent, with love, health, support and satisfaction.
These are all common reasons, among others, that have people seek doula support:
- If you or your partner are worried about the pain of giving birth.
- If your partner wants more confidence to provide good comfort and support in labour.
- If you are you unsure of how to go about making an informed choice about your health care especially during labour.
- If you want a natural birth but feel unsure if you have the right support to make it happen.
I have a Birthready doula back up team to step in if further support is needed.
Although we were all together for the birth for about 3 hours, her presence brought strength and support to my partner when times got a bit tough. I appreciated her patience and words immensely during transition when I was in a bit of a state, and her timely offerings of drinks, hip massages and encouragement. She talked us through decisions that had to be made, and listened with respect when I was requesting things I didn’t think I would be requesting!
Knowing that Erika was there in case of difficult decisions or procedures also gave us a sense of readiness for anything. Thank you so much Erika for giving us a confidence to do it all again!