Birth skills for easier birthing and partner support
You can experience an easier, quicker and more rewarding birth experience with birth skills practiced now!
Compliment your hospital birth classes (and all that theory) with practical hands on birth preparation practices. in this class we overview how to work with the natural birth process across the stages of labour in an interactive and hands on way. This helps anchor the skills and knowledge expectant parents need to really feel confident about what to do and when! Do a birth run through and feel more confident, skilled, connected, and informed for birthing and beyond!
We also learn about effective communication so you can ask for what you want, create safe boundaries and understand your birth options. In turn you create a more women centred support team and enhance a more positive birth experience for you and your partner.
Held at: Birthready Ringwood East. Running every 2nd month on a Wednesday evening 7-9pm
- 13th of Feb
- 10th of April
- Understand the basic anatomy of labour and workings of your pelvis.
- Experience and learn how to work with pain and pain relief techniques – massage, relaxation, stretches, robosso, acupressure, voice, movement, breath etc
- Explore how to be present, caring and communicative with your partner and be sensitive to each others needs
- Map your pelvis externally and learn how to make space for your baby.
- Practice open and active labour and birth positions.
- Coaching to integrate the learnings into every day life.
- Discover how you can be the solution to problems that may arise in pregnancy and labour.
- Feel confident in the role of your pelvis and its support structures to create more space for your baby to pass through.
- Have techniques to relax, release and align the pelvis for easier birthing.
- Feel your mind and body connection through: hands on touch/massage, breathing techniques, body positions, voice, visualization and affirmation.
- Feel the interconnectedness of yourself as a whole being and how opening up/letting go/relaxing in one area will affect another.
- Communicate more effectively about what your body needs so that you can have the support you are looking for.
- More presence, care and communication with your partner and increase sensitivity to each others needs
- Improve your body posture and learn optimal foetal positioning
We’re also managing to incorporate various combinations of hypnosis, partner touch, massage and the lifts and jiggles demonstrated in our last session into every evening’s routine. These of course not only feels as though it’s keeping me physically comfortable and in shape with the growing weight I’m carrying around, but also gives us a sense of progress, productivity and partnership! It’s also a lovely way to finish off each and every day, bringing us closer together and helping relieve anxiety knowing how much preparation we’re actually doing. Karen