From pregnancy to parenthood - Feel more confident and able to care for yourself and the people you love.
Together we can create the best start to new life with your family:
- Find how to be actively involved in the preparation and birth of your child (mentally, emotionally and practically)
- Be supported and respond pro actively to the challenges and choices you are facing
- Deepen your connection, communication and intimacy between you and your partner
- Be more confident by understanding the natural birth process alongside todays medical model of care
- Find a happy, health and successful home/work balance
For your 'Birth support partner check list', click on download folder in the right column and use this as a springboard for discussion with your partner today.
Attend a Beer + Bubs class - A one night session at the pub where expectant dads learn how to support their partner through the birth of their baby. Childbirth is daunting for men too and this session prepares fathers for an active, caring role.
Join sms4dads - a phone based support system that sends information to fathers during their transition to parenthood.
Create a dads group in your local area: Dads group inc - Connecting Dads in local communities so they can share their experiences, make new friends and enjoy a healthier, happier family life.
In todays culture there is a lot of pressure for birth partners to be everything for the labouring woman. In actual fact its only been since the revolution in the 70's that men started to attend the births of their babys and be actively involved. This is also more specific to the western culture. There is often an expectation that they will be able to regurgitate all the facts from the childbirth class, be advocates for their partners in the medical setting, bring comfort and support to help them through contractions and be an active participants in the process.
Thankfully most partners are up for the challenge and are finding their own personal satisfaction by being more involved. But there's a way to go about this so that partners will feel more intuitive, confident and able to be the support people they and their partners desire.