VBAC preparation for the willing woman
Are you pregnant again and wondering whether to give VBAC a go or not? Whats involved? Is it safe? Do I have the right support?
The common trend is still to have a caesarean despite solid evidence showing that VBAC is a safe options for most women. The Victorian maternity services performance indicators 09-10 statistics states that 30.3% of women will give VBAC a go and from this 53.5% succeed. So what can you do about the factors that can help you influence a positive outcome for you and your family?
I explore these with you and work with you to feel more confident, inspired, mentally ready and physically fit for trusting your natural birthing ability and navigating your way through. Marissa reflects on her VBAC success. Marissa reflects on her VBAC preparation and birth with her partner and Erika.
Before we meet I offer a simple worksheet with questions you can discuss with your partner to start the VBAC conversation moving in the right direction. Anything that helps you get clarity about what you do and don't want will help you get what you want. I have tips and tricks to help you along the way. I have stories that inspire and I have been witness to many women birthing their babies in their own power and seeing their pride and inner strength soar.
VBAC GROW Checklist for Birth and Parenting Preparation
The way to go for my birthing experience: My Goals…My Reality…My Options…My Way forward
- What is my birth philosophy?
- How do I want this birth experience to be better / different?
- Why do I want to have it this way?
- What skills and strengths do I already posses?
- What choices have I already made?
- What support is already available to me?
- What are the key influences I am facing regarding my birth experience:
- What skills and strengths do I need to work on to increase my birthing ability and confidence?
- What challenges or fear need further support and exploration?
- What are my birth options in my community?
- What will I gain from working towards the birth I want?
- What steps am I going to take to maximize the potential of achieving this birth?
- Is there anything stopping me from going forward?
To register now or for more information please Contact us
Take a look at this amazing utube clip about a woman who gave birth naturally after 3 caesareans: